Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hollywood Appeals Decision Not to Shutdown OpenBitTorrent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
DinoKiller
DinoKiller
BMD Cop

I'm Dinosaur Since : 2009-12-10
My favorite tracker : GFT-IPT

Hollywood Appeals Decision Not to Shutdown OpenBitTorrent Vide
PostSubject: Hollywood Appeals Decision Not to Shutdown OpenBitTorrent   Hollywood Appeals Decision Not to Shutdown OpenBitTorrent I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:36 am

Last month a court rejected calls from Hollywood to order the shutdown of the OpenBitTorrent tracker. Unsatisfied with the decision, the studios are now taking their case to appeal, stating that the ISP who hosts the site is no different to landlords who knowingly allow prostitution on their premises.

In November, Swedish ISP Portlane was sued by several Hollywood studios for hosting the OpenBitTorrent (OBT) tracker, claiming that the ISP is contributing to copyright infringements carried out via the site.

Hollywood lawyer Monique Wadsted, seemingly without any solid proof above mere suspicion, said her clients believe that OBT is simply a re-branded version of the tracker previously operated by The Pirate Bay.

In December 2009, the case went to court. For the studios, the outcome wasn’t good. Even though it was agreed that OpenBitTorrent was being used in some cases to facilitate the distribution of copyright works, the Stockholm District Court rejected calls to force Portlane to close down the site.

Read More
Back to top Go down

Hollywood Appeals Decision Not to Shutdown OpenBitTorrent

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: P2P News -