Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Publishers Fear eBook Piracy, But Shouldn’t

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
DinoKiller
DinoKiller
BMD Cop

I'm Dinosaur Since : 2009-12-10
My favorite tracker : GFT-IPT

Publishers Fear eBook Piracy, But Shouldn’t Vide
PostSubject: Publishers Fear eBook Piracy, But Shouldn’t   Publishers Fear eBook Piracy, But Shouldn’t I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:28 am

The music industry has made it quite clear that the Internet is a scary place full of pirates. These same fears have spread into the minds of book publishers, who are about to make the same mistakes as the major record labels did. It’s not too late though.

The list of most pirated eBooks of 2009 is mostly filled with geek manuals, dating tips and self-help guides. At the end of the year, Dan Brown, Stephen King, Stephenie Meyer and J.K Rowling were the only best selling authors that made it into the top 25.

One of the explanations for this apparent ‘lack of piracy’ is the fact that eBook readers are still an exclusive gadget. When compared to uptake of MP3-players, only a tiny fraction of the online population has an eBook reader, which makes it a niche audience.

Theoretically the piracy figure could explode when eBook devices become both affordable and desirable to the mainstream public, especially if the publishing industry makes the same mistakes as the major record labels did. Let’s take a look at how they’re doing thus far.

Before we start it’s worth noting that three of the classic mistakes discussed below are made by the publishers or authors whose books were pirated the most. Coincidence?

Read More
Back to top Go down

Publishers Fear eBook Piracy, But Shouldn’t

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: P2P News -