Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
iTurn
iTurn
BMD Bitch

I'm Dinosaur Since : 2009-11-25
My favorite tracker : PTN ● GFT

SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed Vide
PostSubject: SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed   SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:25 pm

After 4½ years of domination, it appears that SceneTorrents is shutting down for good. In addition to a message posted by ScT staff on their homepage which confirms that, indeed, ScT will be gone for good as of tomorrow night at 10PM GMT - The latest news/MOTD on their IRC channel confirms this, as well as a mass PM sent out to all 20,000 ScT members.

Quote :
[ScT IRC] News : The End Is Here. (No, it’s not a joke) - Don’t ask why!
[ScT IRC] News : Site Closing - Sunday 29th Nov 2009 10PM GMT. RIP SCT - 25/08/05 - 29/11/09.

SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed Sct_offline

What happened? Not many know for sure, but there’s been a lot of speculation that it involved their topsite "Loop" which had recently been raided by BREIN on November 27th. Also, ScT’s donation page has also been removed. Courtesy of Tweakers.net, here’s a translated snippet of their recent article involving "Loop":
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/64021/brein-haalt-amsterdamse-topsite-offline.html
Quote :
Brein collecting society has the “topsite” ranked ‘Loop’ to get offline. The topsite, that many groups would provide content to release, was hosted in Amsterdam. A judge has requested from the servers seized Brein withdrawn.

Brein-director Tim Kuik says to Tweakers.net that Brein is now no longer will focus primarily on torrent sites. We have first focused on torrent sites, because they were important in the dissemination of films, music, software and games. Speaking through the U.S. court case have been over, it’s time for us to focus on other places where illegal sharing of file occurs".

The site where the servers have been seized, is called a ranked topsite. This site was content to P2P sites and usenet correctly. It was difficult to access a site, because you a member of the staff should be invited. I hope that this seizure is a shock through the scene".

Brein, the right one "ex-parte leave" requested. This means that the court takes a decision without hearing the other party. Based on the evidence of Brein, the court decided that the servers Loop seizure could be taken. The administrators can then do ask the court to reverse the seizure.

The servers, who were in Amsterdam, was (home) to 40TB of files present. Kuik could not say whether Dutch managers were involved in the site. It is possible that the administrators will be legally prosecuted.

FileShareFreak was lucky enough just catch up with Feeling, the owner of ScT - on IRC:
Quote :
[13:52] Feeling… WTF happened?
[13:53] nothing
[13:53]
[13:53] just closing
[13:53] :]
[13:53] wow that was a sudden decision
[13:54] will there be a new tracker, or are you out for good?
[13:54] out for good
[13:54] wow, that’s much larger news than mininova. This is for real
[13:55] I notice the site/tracker are still up. When’s the site going offline?
[13:55] [ScT] News : Site Closing - Sunday 29th Nov 2009 10PM GMT. RIP SCT - 25/08/05 - 29/11/09
[13:56] thanks for the info. Good luck on your future endeavours. I really mean that, and hope you’ll resurface somewhere down the road.
[13:56] your knowledge is too great to be just wasted :]
[14:00] hmm
[14:00] :]
[14:05] what do you plan to do with the members?
[14:05] nothing

Quote :
Below is the most recent PM sent to all members on ScT. Subject: ScT is closing.
As the subject says, the site Scenetorrents will be closing at 10pm on the 29th November 2009.

IRC has been set so no invite is needed for people to talk and ofc there is the forums which will close tomorrow.

Take care,

//ScT Staff
SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed Sct_gone2

Feel free to join in the discussion, ScT’s main IRC channel has now been opened to both members and non-members. You’ll need to register your nick first.

SceneTorrents IRC server: irc.scenetorrents.org

Channel: #SceneTorrents

Hotlink: irc.scenetorrents.org/scenetorrents

Were we saddened to learn about the recent story of Mininova evolving over to a "content distribution" model? Not really, no - Mininova is simply a torrent indexer. But when a true scene juggernaut like SceneTorrents goes offline, this is certainly big news. 20,000 members are now stranded - but we may have found an alternative (or two) … stay tuned!

RIP ScT. One of the best trackers that ever lived.
Back to top Go down
sisagura
sisagura
Edmontonia
Edmontonia

I'm Dinosaur Since : 2009-11-02
My favorite tracker : What.cd/GFT

PostSubject: Re: SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed   SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:35 pm

bye SCT
Back to top Go down
sydo
sydo
Eoraptor
Eoraptor

I'm Dinosaur Since : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed   SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Of course, I'm not a member there, but I totally didn't see that coming!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed   SceneTorrents Shutting Down For Good - Confirmed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: P2P News -